Saturday, October 23, 2010

these hands

I have a terrible case of what I call Ugly Hands-- the skin on my fingers is so dry that it has cracked and now the cracks are dark because I'm pretty sure there's dirt in there, even if I wash them 100,000 times. Its really gross. Now why do I tell you this? Because today I was washing dishes all day, thus perpetuating my case of Ugly Hands. Who's dishes was I washing you ask? The candidates' for this year's Certified Master Chef test. What an incredible honor it was to scrape their dishes and I'm not even kidding because I got to witness history taking place from two feet away and if exhibiting the worst signs of Ugly Hands is the price I have to pay, I'll do it gladly. These men are among the most talented in the industry right now. I'm not even going to compare them to their Hollywood, Bollywood, MTV, Food Network, Cartoon Network, Disney Chanel, CNN counterparts. Just imagine the best, and that's who's dishes I got to wash today. The test is a grueling 8 day test with a 90% fail rate. There are 61 CMC's in the world, many of them judging the test. I will be volunteering throughout this week and will do my best to report the amazing things I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment