Monday, October 18, 2010

remember when

I was thinking today about why I started this whole blog in the first place. I started it so that I could shed some light on the often confusing new ways a student has to learn when they first start classes here. Since I have started this blog, I have become immensely more comfortable with campus. I am by no means a campus guru or even a moderate expert, I just feel more comfortable in my skin here. However, I remember when I didn't feel this way and I want to honor that and include 10 knowledgeable pieces of information I have gained since being here.

  1. For breakfast in the morning at k-16, if you go in the exit door anything from the second counter is free or no swipe, including the fancy fruit trays, muffins, scones, biscuits, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit salad, and fruit basket
  2. There is a downstairs dining room and it's open to everyone (this may sound really silly but my friend confirmed the same fear I had when I first arrived here that the downstairs dining room was somehow exclusive, like for upperclassmen or something... good news: it's not.)
  3. You can start getting food for breakfast as early as 4:45 a.m and as late 9 a.m. (I've never tried eating before 4:45 although it is very likely there's food, and 9 a.m. is the official breakfast ending time, although somedays the food lingers past then)
  4. Desserts for lunch are brought into Farq Hall right around 11 a.m. and that is the best chance to get one... there are sooooo many
  5. If you get to dinner in the downstairs dining room after 6 p.m. it is unlikely you will find dessert
  6. You can take a piece of fruit from a fruit basket in any kitchen, just walk right in and grab it
  7. The library does have non-food related books, they are located on the second floor on the opposite side of the book shelf immediately to your left when you walk through the door from the stairwell
  8. The phone numbers of all the departments (Bursar, Registrar, Student Rec Center, etc.) and hours of several (Library, Rec Center, Mail Room, etc.) are located in the front of your Student Handbook Planner
  9. You can always sharpen your knives in the Meat Room
  10. You can cash personal checks at the Bursar's office

No comments:

Post a Comment