Tuesday, October 5, 2010

rice, rice, rice

Rice Pilaf, Boiled Rice, and Parmesan Risotto. Yum yum and yum.

I had another awesome lunch today. For meals, students can choose from any of the kitchens which include Cuisines of the Mediterranean, Cuisines of Asia, Cuisines of the Americas, Skills III, or K-16 which is large scale food production and in terms of cuisine, its a good mix of everything. The kitchens are all operated by students who are currently in that class. My favorite kitchen so far is the upstairs (each kitchen besides K-16 has an upstairs and downstairs equivalent) Mediterranean kitchen for lunch because the food there is always on point. There is this yogurt sauce that has appeared on lamb dumplings, pita sandwiches, and casseroles that just makes me melt. It is so good and I don't even know why. I don't want to know why because I like the sense of mystery. It is pure white but outrageously packed with flavor, garlic and fresh tangy herbs dance around in your mouth and then send their magic all the way down to your toes. I just don't know what it is besides pure deliciousness.

p.s. I drank Coffee Milk a couple weeks ago and loved it so much I have wanted to re-create it since. I'm not a coffee drinker but today I mixed a small amount of hot coffee with French Vanilla coffee creamer, ice, and a lot of whole milk, and it reminded me of Coffee Milk... yum :)

1 comment: