Tuesday, September 6, 2011

time-out.

I got a pedicure today and it was wonderful. Three of my friends and I snuck away in between classes and sunk our toes into a warm water bath, let automatic massaging chairs wiggle us around, and absorbed the sweet sounds of John Mayer over the salon's radio.

I'm grateful I still get to act like a normal college student sometimes even though my college experience is radically different than most college students. Its easy to get caught up in the differences when I talk to my friends at other schools because it's so difficult to relate to their experiences and their's to mine. Taking an unexpected break in the middle of the day to get away from it all is something I think we can all relate to. It's the small things, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment