Thursday, September 29, 2011

miracle berry

Pomegranate?

Blueberry?

Acai?

d.) none of the above

The miracle berry is a small little tablet dissolved on the tongue that changes the perception of sour to sweet. Making food that should taste sour taste fantastically sweet! I had the privilege of enjoying this very odd and cool sensation with the Modernist Cuisine Club on campus. They made lime juice tastes like lime syrup and vinegar tasted like sweet and sour grape juice...orange juice was oddly sweet. The orange juice was actually funny because I had forgotten that the effects of the miracle berry lasted after I left the demonstration. I was drinking a class of oj in my dorm room and I almost spit it out because it felt so weirdly sweet.

Imagine the possibilities of this tablet for those restricted to low/no-sugar diets....

No comments:

Post a Comment