Monday, August 30, 2010

poultry day


I have such an appreciation for people who have blogs with pictures because they are not easy to upload. I tend to think of myself as a pretty competent person and I just can't do it. I have loads of lovely pictures of my meat class that I want to share, but for the time being your imagination is going to have to do its thing because I just can't help you out.

Today was poultry day. I was excited for this day because I know a little something about poultry, and by a little I really mean little. I've broken down less than 50 chickens in my entire life. But nonetheless I was excited because when I started this class I had butchered a grand total of 0 beef shoulder clods, 0 pork loins, and 0 racks of lamb, so the feeling of familiarity was relative. It was a really interesting class though because my chef didn't do anything like I was taught. Today was just another reminder that there is more than one way to do the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment