Friday, August 27, 2010

how we do things here

I wondered what happened to all the vegetables that students chopped up when they were learning their knife cuts, or where the pig went that the meat class butchered, and I witnessed first hand today what happens to all that raw food. It gets sent to a production kitchen where other students cook it, and then it gets fed back to the students and staff. I now understand why I ate beef at the first 4 meals here, its the first meat we butcher in the Meat ID class. Tonight, I ate a breaded pork cutlet for dinner. Guess what we cut up yesterday... pork! It was cool to see food that I helped prepare be served to the public. It reminds me of the first batch of cookies I made at the bakery I used to work at. It is so cool to think that about how we're able to turn raw ingredients like flour, butter, and sugar into something that someone will actually pay money for. They want your handiwork, and I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment