Wednesday, August 31, 2011

el Bulli

Dear President Ryan,

I very much enjoyed your presentation this evening about your historical meal at el Bulli. Your stories and details were captivating and inspiring. Ferran Adria's food is unlike any I have experienced and hearing about it planted a seed to find food that achieves high complexity but stunning accessibility. I want to experience food that is as provactive as you described Chef Adria's food to be. Since I first heard that el Bulli was closing its doors on July 30th, 2011 I felt a sudden jolt of panic that if I didn't eat at the best restaurants in the world today, they might disappear by tomorrow. I guess that's the truth with anything great though. Regardless of the fact that I will never eat a momentous 50-course meal at one of the best restaurants in the world under one of the most influential chefs of my time, I am honored that you shared your experience through photos and anecdotes.

I ask that you continue to offer presentations once a month about your experiences, your philosophy, or your thoughts on current events/trends in the food industry. Tonight, you mentioned that one of the 4 keys to greatness is having disciples or followers. It is no news that you have achieved greatness. Some of your disciples and followers are right here on your campus. We are ready and we want you to teach us.

No comments:

Post a Comment