Tuesday, January 18, 2011

the hidden waffle

It wasn't until I had been a student here for about 3 months that I finally ate a waffle for breakfast. Not because I didn't want one but because I didn't know where to get them. There are waffle griddles in the dining hall, but no waffle batter in sight. That's because its in the refrigerator below the griddles. I had no idea. The batter can't be stored on the counter in plain view because it is full of butter, eggs, and buttermilk. It was my job this morning to make the waffle batter cups. When I made one as a tester (to ensure the quality of course) I was so glad that someone decided to mix flour, butter, sugar, baking powder, eggs, salt, and buttermilk together to create such a warm fluffy treat. I'm even more glad that I know where to get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment