Friday, November 12, 2010

Vegetarianarianism



I went running along the Hudson River today... how was your day?

After my little jaunt along the water, I headed to the kitchen for Day 14 of Skills III which is focused on Vegetarian cookery-- no bacon on the vegetables, no chicken stock in the rice, and no beef stock in the sauce. My team made Pierogies with caramelized onions, sage brown butter, butter braised cabbage, and sour cream. Making the pierogies was so fun because standing around a counter rolling pasta with other people creates almost a magnetic field that pulls people in and allows them to share stories.

I also ate a most wonderful combination today. As I sat in the dining hall eyeing the tray of peanut butter cookies and wondering what they would be like dipped in Chocolate Milk, I got a little smile on my face. I had already eaten a Chocolate Chip Peanut cookie dipped in milk and I figured one was enough for today. I couldn't shake the idea, so I eventually just gave in and could not be happier that I did. It was the best thing I ate today. The Chocolate Milk at our school is supplied by Hudson Valley Fresh and they produce one heck of a Chocolate Milk.

Peanut butter cookie+ chocolate milk= happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment