Monday, October 3, 2011

tabbouleh and falafel

The Mediterranean kitchen is my favorite kitchen to eat from at CIA. And how lucky am I that I have the Chef whose food I love most for my teacher!

The kitchens and coordinating meal times at CIA run like complicated clockwork and after being here almost 1 1/2 years, I still don't know what time I should go eat if I want lunch (1st time consideration) upstairs (2nd consideration) from the Americas' kitchen (3rd consideration) with Chef _____(4th consideration). It feels like a wacky game of Clue. Anyway, I always consider myself lucky when I wander into the Mediterranean kitchen at just the right time and my favorite chef is there with his class putting forth delicious food. Those are always good days.

Today, I got to be one of those students putting forth delicious food. I was part of the tapas team featuring the hummus; baba ghanouj; falafel; and fresh, fluffy, warm pillows of pita bread that I could happily eat for a week. I was in charge of the tabouleh and the falafel, both heavily consisting of parsley. Tabbouleh is a beautiful tangy salad of bulghur, parsley, green onions, and tomatoes. The falafel were bright green, fried, chickpea patties eaten like hash browns swapping the ketchup for hummus. Oh, it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment