Wednesday, February 9, 2011

shredded chicken

Once again, I'm reminded of how quickly time flies here because I am finally in that class that cooks the food for Grand Buffet ("Grahhhnd Boofay" as my chef affectionately calls it). My team was assigned one of the Asian Food Stations and our menu is as follows:

Sesame Chicken Noodle Salad
Seafood Salad w/ Wasabi Vinaigrette
Seafood Stickers w/ Citrus Mint Dipping Sauce
Pork Egg Rolls w/ Spicy Bean Paste Sauce

Today, I worked on the Chicken Noodle Salad which calls for shredded chicken. Shredding chicken sounds easy, right? Not when it's cold. I anticipated it would take 5 minutes to shred two chicken breasts into fine shreds but it took about 25 minutes. The whole time I was working, my brain was saying "There has to be a faster way to do this, there has to be a faster way to do this..." but the truth is there isn't. Sometimes, food just makes you wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment